This sauce can be very tricky. There are different variations but this one works best for me.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice, fresh
- ½ tsp. sea salt, or little more if needed
- 1 egg white (room temp)
- 2/3 Cup avocado oil or other light oil (coconut oil mixed with olive oil works well too in equal parts)
- Put garlic cloves, salt and 1 tsp. of the lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend about 30 seconds.
- Add the egg white and blend for 2 minutes or until the mixture is white and fluffy.
- Then add the oil in a thin stream, slowly until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Then add the rest of the lemon juice slowly. Blend just a few seconds more until completely blended.
- You can serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator until use; lasts about 5 days or longer.
This sauce is an excellent condiment that goes well with various dishes; grilled fish, shrimp, or chicken, any style potatoes (fries), drizzled over grilled vegetables, on bread plain or on a sandwich, even put it on salad, I use it for baked chicken and potatoes, or as a garlic mayo.
You can find another variation at Mamas Lebanese Kitchen