Flat Spiced Meat Pies Gluten Free and Paleo
Sfeeha or laham bil ‘ajeen is a traditional breakfast in Lebanon. The recipe here has been transformed from the modern version to a Paleo one. If you can tollerate dairy, these go well with a nice glass of yogurt drink.
1 recipe Paleo pizza crust dough not cooked.
- 1 lb ground lamb or beef
- ½ Cup parsley, washed and chopped
- ¼ Cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled (optional) and minced
- 1 onion, grated or pulsed in a food processor
- 3 cloves of garlic, mashed
- *2 Serrano peppers, minced (option if you like spicy)
- *½ tsp cayenne pepper powder (optional if you like spicy)
- 1 tsp allspice powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt or unrefined salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare the dough and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread a layer (thick or thin to your liking) onto thin flattened rounds or whatever shape you like (I do a large one and cut into squares or smaller rounds).
- Bake for about 30 – 45 minutes or until meat is browned and dough is ready (after 30 minutes check the bottom of the dough often.
Serve with lemon wedges and small dishes of salt and cayenne to add as desired.
Enjoy with a glass of yogurt drink
For a traditional recipe using soaked wheat dough, use this recipe for the dough and the same meat topping as above.