To make, simply pound 1 clove of garlic and 1 tsp. unrefined salt (I used Himalayan) until well mixed; see right photo. You can do this with a mortar and pestle, or be creative and use something else; I have used a glass spice jar and a bowl. That’s it! You can multiply the recipe as many times as you like depending on your cooking needs.
If you want to keep it moist (or be lazy), keep it in an air tight glass container in the fridge, may last for about a month. Or you can dehydrate in a dehydrator or under the sun.
Use it as you would garlic salt, you may have to get used to portion sizes, you don’t want to overdo it, it is salt.
It’s really simple, cheap and healthy!
Garlic salt comes in handy for cooking but buying it made from the store may only give you flavor and not all the beneficial nutrients that come with it, such as;
- Boosting the immune system
- Heart Health
- Repel mosquitoes
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose or nasal congestion
Himalayan Salt –
- Controlling the water levels within the body, regulating them for proper functioning
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Promoting cellular hydroelectric energy creation
- Promoting the increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Lowering incidence of sinus problems, and promoting over-all sinus health
- Reducing muscle cramps
- Increasing bone strength
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Creating a healthy libido
- In combination with water, it is necessary for blood pressure regulation
- Prevents cellulite, when compared to table salt
- Reduces chances of developing rheumatism, arthritis and gout, when compared to common chemically-treated salt
- Reduces chances of developing kidney and gall bladder stones when compared to common chemically-treated salt