- 1/3 Cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 organic bananas, mashed
- 2 Tbs. local honey (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 free-range egg
- 8 – 10 dates, pitted and chopped
- OPTIONAL – add ½ Cup chopped dark chocolate bar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Cup sprouted spelt, sprouted wheat, or other sprouted flour (quinoa would be good) any four would work but to keep them more digestible and healthy, sprouted is a better choice.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and optional honey and vanilla, mix well.
- Beat the egg into the mixture.
- Next, add the chopped dates and optional chocolate chunks.
- Then, add the cinnamon, baking powder and flour, mix well.
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter and spoon the mixture on. The batter is a little runny, but don’t worry, they will come out like banana bread soft bites. You can put the batter in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden, then bake.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
When done, let cool completely before eating for best flavor.
Great for toddlers (don’t give to babies under 1), on the go snacks, even for breakfast! They make a great alternative to pancakes and they are great for sugar cravings too! You could even make this recipe into muffins by greasing a muffin tin with butter and bake as you would muffins.