Back to school coming up and parents are searching the internet to find ideas to pack healthy lunches and snacks. Here are a few healthy snack ides for school or after school that are packed full of nutrients and won’t slow your kids down.
- Banana Date Chip Cookies
- Raisin Chip Cookies
- Banana Bread Bites
- ¼ Cup of nuts or seeds
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh fruit salad; 1 Cup any fruit/berries bite sized mixed with 1 Tbs. EV coconut oil, 1 tsp. Chia seeds, and 1-2 tsp. coconut flakes (unsweetened).
- Vegetable sticks (carrots, broccoli, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and so on) and dip such as hummus or herb Greek yogurt
- Grass-fed cheese cubes or organic mozzarella sticks, stored in a cooled lunch pack
- Smoothie (any kind, but a green smoothie would be best) that has been frozen the night before so by the time to drink it, it will be thawed out. (Check out some smoothie recipes here on my blog for ideas)
- Organic or homemade beef jerky
- Kale Chips
- Boiled egg (s)
- Egg Muffins
- ½ – 1 Cup (depending on child) Organic plain yogurt or Greek yogurt with salt, dill or mint and diced cucumbers
- ½ – 1 Cup (depending on child) Organic plain yogurt with natural sweetener and bite sized fruit or berries.
- ½ – 1 Cup (depending on child) Sweetened with honey Greek yogurt with ground flax seeds or chia seeds.
- Almond Joy Energy Balls
- Oatmeal Muffins, click to see 12 different flavors
I’m putting together school lunch box ideas that I’ll be posting in a few days.
If you like this post, please like it and share it.
If you have any other healthy ideas, please share them here.