MMMM, fall foods 🙂
I’m experimenting with primal/paleo cooking lately by just substituting certain foods. I have a few upcoming recipes that will be using butternut squash (or other squash) instead of potatoes.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbs. grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 lb. lamb meat, stew chunks (leg or shoulder)
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. all spice powder
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste
- 4 Cups broth or stock (homemade, I used lamb)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 Cup garbanzo beans (already soaked and cooked)
- Sauté garlic and onions in butter until turning golden.
- Add lamb and fully brown on the outside.
- Add salt and spices, mix.
- Blend tomato paste with 1/2 Cup broth, then add to meat along with the rest of the broth.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add butternut squash and optional garbanzo beans.
- Continue to simmer until butternut squash is tender.
This looks amazing! Cannot wait to try 🙂
It is! I made the mistake of over cooking which took away the flavor of the squash, but still it was excellent.
Reblogged this on kellygetthin.
I hope your readers enjoy, thanks for re-blogging 🙂
I know they will!