This “recipe” is quite simple, you may use tuna in place of sardines, however, sardines are packed full of protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and the essential Vitamin D.
- 1 can sardines in extra virgin olive oil (I like the Wild Planet brand which is superior in flavor and they are sustainably caught wild in the Pacific Ocean) Or 1 can tuna.
- Juice of 2 lemons (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined salt (or to taste, I like more but some people may not)
- 3 Cups of greens; baby spinach, romaine lettuce, arugula, or a mixture or any you like.
- 1 small tomato chopped (optional)
- 1/2 small onion chopped (optional, but very tasty)
- Open can into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add Lemon and salt, mash with a fork (you can mash it very fine, or keep it chunky).
- In a large serving bowl, put your vegetables.
- Now pour your sardine mix over it and enjoy.
If you are not using sardines with extra virgin olive oil, then get with water, drain all the water and add about 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil to your sardine mixture.