This is a simple stew that can be made easily when your in a hurry.
- 1-2 Tbs. grass-fed butter or tallow (if the meat is fatty, use the lesser)
- 1 lb stew meat (beef or lamb), cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, thin sliced
- 1 tsp. unrefined salt, or to taste
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
1. Melt butter and add meat on medium-low heat.
2. When half cooked, add onions and salt; cook until meat is fully browned.
3. Add tomatoes and cover.
4, Turn heat down and simmer for about 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
5. When meat is ready you can either take off the heat and be done or you can remove the lid and turn the heat to medium. Stir constantly until the juices become thick and liquid evaporates. This takes about 5 minutes and gives it more of a condensed flavor.
This could also be done in a crock pot.