One of my favorite foods when I am craving spicy foods or Indian foods! Or, just need to use up my left over chicken from making broth 🙂
- 2 Tbs. grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper (any color), sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste
- 3 C chicken broth
- 2 Cups cooked chicken (I use the chicken leftover from making broth)
- Make sure your chicken is fully cooked.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter until turning golden color.
- Add vegetables and stir to coat them.
- Then add tomato paste dissolved in broth, the remaining broth and chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer with lid on for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
More Ideas –
Serve over basmati rice, brown rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or eat alone.
Variations would be to add frozen peas to the last 10 minutes of cooking or any other non starchy vegetable.
If you like spicy, try sprinkling cayenne and cumin to individual dishes.
This dish cooks well in a crockpot for about 2-4 hours.