My last post was on gluten free flat bread and I was looking to link it to this very recipe here but I couldn’t find it. I searhched and searched my laptop with no results, then it dawned on me that I should look in drafts. For some reason, I hadn’t published this yet and I wrote it up last year!
- 1/2 C kishik, toasted
- 1/4 C sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 C ground walnuts
- 1 medium onion, grated or blended keeping the juice
- 1-2 tsp. unrefined salt, depending on your taste
- 3 tsp. red bell pepper, dried or fresh blended with the onion
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
Olive oil, enough to form a paste.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toast the kishik alone in a pan until turning golden in color.
- Take off heat and add all ingredients except olive oil. Mix well.
- Once dry mixture is well blended, slowly add olive oil until a spreadable paste is formed. (This may be equal parts of the kishik mix and olive oil)
- Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil and form your dough into rounds of 4 inches or larger in diameter.
- With your fingertips, press the rounds so that there will be indents in order for the mixture to stick better.
- Spread the mixture and place in a pre heated oven for about 12 minutes or until dough is turning golden color.
- Serve with your favorite herbal or green tea.