Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Apple crisp was one of my favorite deserts growing up – it’s like easy apple pie without having to roll out pie crust. Since I love using my homemade sprouted buckwheat flour in place of white flour in recipes, that’s what I used here, and it was excellent!
- 5 green apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbs natural sweetener (maple syrup, date sugar, palm sugar, coconut sugar, honey, etc.)
- ½ C gluten-free grain/seed flour (I use homemade sprouted buckwheat flour)
- ¼ C arrowroot or tapioca starch
- ½ C natural sugar sugar (such as coconut sugar)
- ½ tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger
- ¼ C chopped walnuts or shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ C coconut oil or grass-fed butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the sliced apples and sweetener and stir to coat well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil or butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, making sure to coat evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is nice and golden brown.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.