I was craving chocolate the other day, so I decided to try out my new found base for deserts…homemade coconut butter and cocoa butter base, the ending result reminded me of those chocolate balls wrapped in light gold foil that appear around Christmas time….Ferrero Rocher Chocolates!
I think what did the trick was the toasted pecans I added. I’m so glad I was able to record the exact recipe because these are defiantly a keeper.
- 1 C coconut butter, at room temp (I use homemade- just put coconut shreds in a food processor and blend about 10 minutes or until it turns to “butter”)
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- 4 Tbs maple syrup
- 3 Tbs coconut oil or cocoa butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs chia seed
- 3 Tbs toasted pecans
- Place all ingredients except for the pecans in a food processor or in a mixing bowl and mix until combined, then mix in the pecans and pulse until combined or mix in if using a mixing bowl.
- Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once the balls have hardened, transfer to a glass container with a lid where they can keep in the fridge for about 10 days (maybe longer)