- ¼ C grass-fed butter or organic palm shortening, melted
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- ½ C natural sweetener such as coconut sugar, date sugar, unrefined cane sugar, etc.
- ½ C pumpkin puree (preferably homemade)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 C gluten free flour (I use homemade buckwheat flour)
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- ¼ tsp unrefined salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ C crispy walnut or pecan pieces
- ½ C dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk butter, coconut oil, and sweetener together.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Form the shape that you want because they will not spread much during baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before removing.
Best when eaten at room temp.