Parsley is in abundance where I live right now and I was thinking to make tabouli, except tomato season is long gone and I cannot bring myself to buy a GMO tastless tomato from the market, so I thought I’d try with out them, also without burgul/bulgar since I no longer eat wheat.
This salad made a great side to the chicken and rice dish I made it for, I didn’t notice much difference from the traditional tabouli, especially since it had a nice crunch from the minced onions.
- 3 C parsley leaves, washed and chopped fine
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbs. dry mint or 1/4 C fresh mint, chopped fine
- 6 Tbs. lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 3 Tbs. EV olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined salt (or to taste)
- Mix everything together and let it rest at least 30 minutes before eating.