So simple and satisfying to eat, guacamole complements many dishes that I make. I love avocados as a side to almost any breakfast I make, but I usually loose ½ due to me being the only one who wants avocado all the time. So when I make guacamole, I use lemon so it can last a few days in the fridge…no waste.
Guacamole goes great with most any baked/grilled chicken dish, of course as a chip dip (and when I say chip I mean healthy chips such as homemade plantain chips…YUM!), I love to make eggs over easy and lay them on top of sautéed greens (with mushroom and garlic), then spread guacamole over the over-easy eggs and eat…one of my quick favorite breakfasts.
I have a few ideas to use guacamole:
How do you eat guac??
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp. unrefined salt- or to taste
- 3 ripe/soft avocados
- 2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbs. chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Place garlic and salt in a stainless steel bowl, then mash well.
2. Next add the avocado and mash with a fork.
3. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mash until the desired texture is achieved.