Although I myself do not have an auto-immune condition, I help many people who do so I am always on the lookout for recipes and experimenting.
This salsa can be fermented, just use raw beets and carrots (don’t steam them), double the salt and leave on the counter with a tight fit lid as you would any other ferment.
This salsa can replace any traditional salsa; great with plantain chips and guacamole!
- 5 medium carrots, peeled/cut in chunks
- 1 small beet, peeled/cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves
- ¼ tsp.- ½ tsp. unrefined salt
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2-3 Tbs. lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Steam the carrots and beets in a small amount of water until tender. Drain well and let it cool.
- When its cooled to room temperature, place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until chunky salsa forms to the thickness you like (you may need to do this in batches).
- If you like spicy salsa and you tolerate peppers, you can add 1 (or more) jalapeno or Serrano peppers to your batch.