(This blog is basically my virtual recipe collection of real foods…for now! A Nutritional Makeover is a program in the works with parts published on kindle. You can click on my books in the side bar for more information.)
A Nutritional Makeover is intended as the first step toward your health journey and reference guide for lifelong change. This is not a quick fix and the intent is to develop good nutritional habits, but more importantly, to develop your perspective on nutrition and what it means to be healthy.
Along the way, you will be given tools and interactive lessons to help guide you through the transition to a healthy lifestyle. When you accomplish this, it will be difficult to see your old eating habits as healthy or acceptable.
You are not being introduced to a new diet, you are simply presented the basic principles that humans have survived on for thousands of years. With this knowledge, you will be able to incorporate these principles into our modern world, using traditional methods.
Nutritional Makeover Course summed up:
- Eat the right foods for proper nutrients; If you eat whole grains – legumes, beans, A Nutritional Makeover will teach you how to properly prepare them for maximum digestion. Healthy fats, local (non GMO)/seasonal fruits and vegetables, and if you eat meat – pasture-raised/grass fed animal products.
- Use unrefined salt and spices that do not have additives of any kind.
- Proper digestion; incorporate Super Foods, natural supplements and Pro-Biotics
- Learn to create a Meal Plan based on your culinary preference, ethnic background, geological area and seasonal availability.
- Exercise regularly; physical activity, walking, biking, yoga, sports, etc…
- Use natural hygiene products and keep a close eye on your nails and skin, they reflect what is going on inside your body. Take care of your inside so the outside will glow. Try dry loofah brushing, salt scrubs, natural/homemade beauty and cleaning products and pamper yourself with homemade face masks.
- Follow the keys to health and well being; manage stress, get enough sleep, stay well hydrated, control blood sugar, detox your body, and hormonal balance.
It’s very simple, but not always easy, our busy lives often get in the way. Changing your lifestyle nutritionally may seem like a difficult process, but through A Nutritional Makeover you will be introduced to simple concepts that focus on one phase at a time. Keep an eye out for it!
The message of this course is that traditional eating can be simple once you understand the basic principles of food. This course makes the point that you can live on any type of “diet” that is based on traditionally prepared, real foods, natural foods as long as your body agrees. You can follow a lifestyle of vegan, vegetarian, paleo and all “diets” in between as long as it works for you.
A Nutritional Makeover is going back to eating the way our ancestors did – not only thousands of years ago, but as near as 100 years ago.
If you are vegan/vegetarian, A Nutritional Makeover covers the importance of eating a wide variety of vegetables and fruits, sprouted whole grains, properly prepared beans and legumes, seeds and nuts as well as probiotic foods and drinks.
If you are a meat eater, the same as above including animal products and fats that is important to come from pasture raised and grass-fed animals – that’s when the animal fats are healthiest. The the book covers the importance of including eating organ meats, bone broths, wild-caught fish, and pasture raised eggs.
For All – More importantly, traditional foods are about completely removing modern processed foods from our diets; most importantly processed white flours, sugars, and processed vegetable oils- especially when hydrogenated. Modern day new foods; industrially processed foods, are a major concern in the promoting of modern diseases.
This book has been compiled and organized from my own transition over the many years. I have used this program in my own consulting practice where I have routinely watched mothers blossom in their health transformation and are now raising healthy children as a result.
I wish readers all the best in your Nutritional Makeover!
*This information is for educational purpose only; the information contained here is to educate individuals on nutrition and natural supplementation through whole food sources that may affect their daily lives. Nothing contained in this course should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. It is advised to seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. As always, consult a physician before beginning any new exercise, nutritional or supplementation program.