To be honest these are nothing like snickers, although that was the original plan. These yummy treats leave you feeling energized without the crash like the processed-packaged-goodies.
I’ve made these a few times now (each time a little different) and anyone who tries them can’t get enough and wants the recipe NOW! The problem is, there was such a process in making these that it was hard to make a recipe, but I did it!
This recipe might seem overwhelming, but it’s really simple as long as you have all the ingredients measured out and ready to go for each step prior to the assemble. Another thing is that this recipe is time consuming, but well worth it, especially since they last about a week in the fridge (that is IF they will last from being eaten!!)
The 1st layer here is going to be a base for a cheese cake I will attempt in the future. It is definitely has nice soft-chewy pie crust texture!
- 6 oz dark chocolate bar, broken in small pieces
- 4 Tbs. natural sweetener; honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc… (I use coconut palm sugar disks)
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil or ghee
- Line a small, shallow dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the sweetener and coconut oil (or ghee) on low, when your natural sweetener has dissolved, add the chocolate bar pieces and fully melt.
- Then pour on the melted chocolate over the parchment paper. This is your first layer.
- Place your dish in the freezer until the chocolate semi-hardens (about 15 minutes).
- ½ C coconut butter
- ¼ C almond or other nut butter
- 4 Tbs. liquid sweetener; honey, maple syrup, homemade simple sugar syrup (from coconut sugar), etc…
- ½ vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (optional)
- Pinch unrefined salt
- Mix all together and spread evenly over the first layer of hardened chocolate. This is the second layer.
- Put back in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until it becomes semi-solid enough to spread the top layer.
- ½ C sweet-pitted dates
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 Tbs. almond or other nut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ C crispy almonds (or other nut)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor except the crispy almonds; blend until a paste forms.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the semi-hardened 2nd
- Then sprinkle the crispy nuts over the top and place in the fridge for about 2 hours or until hardened.
- When ready, cut and enjoy!