Makes enough for one average-sized deodorant roll-up container.
1 Tbs. baking soda
2 ½ Tbs. coconut oil
1 Tbs. beeswax (I use the pellets, which are easy for measuring and melt down quickly)
1/8 tsp. jojoba oil (optional- this helps it to slide a little better)
You can add essential oils up to 20 drops, an idea would be;
10 drops tea tree essential oil and 10 drops lavender essential oil
20 drops of any essential oil or combination.
about 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. Natural fragrance perfume for scent
- Melt coconut oil and beeswax in a small pot.
- When completely melted, turn off heat add the rest of the ingredients, blend well, make sure there are no clumps.
- Pour immediately into clean, empty old deodorant tubes or a container with a lid.
To clean your pot, fill with any tools that touch the mixture and water, then boil it. Beeswax needs to be melted (very hot) to remove, it can get messy.
Coconut Oil Deodorant
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Cornstarch
5 – 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil or other essential oils
Melt coconut oil then add the rest of the ingredients.
Store in a container with a tight fitting lid. To use – apply with your fingers by rubbing under your arms.
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbs. warm filtered water
- 5 drops essential oil of choice (tea tree or lavender are my favorites)
Put all ingredients in a travel size spray bottle and shake well to blend. The measurements can be multiplied as needed. To use just spray a few squirts on arm pits.