This is a simple soup great for Fall and Winter, the cumin is a very warming spice and great for healing the uterus.
This soup is used in parts of the Middle East during recovery periods such as after birth and illness. It is packed full of protein and other nutrients.
- 2 Tbs. plus grass-fed butter, ghee, lamb lard, or tallow
- 1/4 lb grass-fed ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 tsp. unrefined salt
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 3 pasture-raised eggs, whisked
- 1/4 unrefined salt
- Filtered water or broth, enough to cover the mixture.
- Melt butter and then add the meat, salt and spices.
- Cook meat until fully browned, keep breaking the meat so it doesn’t clump.
- While meat is cooking, whisk eggs and salt, set aside until meat is fully browned.
- Next step is to add more butter if needed, there should be enough so the eggs won’t stick.
- Add whisked eggs and stir constantly until fully cooked.
- Transfer mixture to a pot and add broth or water, enough to cover the mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then turn it down to a low boil for 10 minutes, un-covered.
Eat as you would any soup.