These are wonderful sprouted buckwheat sandies that taste very much like the “regular” ones. I used palm sugar, but you could use organic unrefined cane sugar if you don’t have access to palm sugar.
- 3/4 pound grass-fed butter, room temperature or same amount in coconut oil
- 1 C palm sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 C sprouted or soaked buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 1/2 C pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together (with a fork) the butter and sugar until they are just combined.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the flour and salt
- Add the pecans and mix with your hands.
- Wrap in wax paper, shape into a log and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Then cut the log into 1/2-inch thick circles.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.
These are great with coffee and tea.